Home Forum Ask A Member My Sea King does not want to sing

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    miya
    Participant

Hello, my 1.5 sea king only runs for 3-4 seconds, no matter what I do I can not seem to change that. What I have tried are settings. Running 16:1 on the gas and it has spark. Any Ideas? 😕

wedgie
      Participant

Carb needs cleaning.

Tom
        Participant

US Member

Yeah, what Wedgie says. Also, disconnect the fuel line to the carb, and turn on the fuel valve. Be sure the line is delivering a steady stream of fuel. If not, check the valve and whatever filter may be inside the tank,

If none of that works, consider testing and/or replacing the condenser. (Does it run really well for 4 seconds? Or does in limp and die after 4 seconds?)

Tom

The Boat House
          Participant

• This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by The Boat House.
            • This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by The Boat House.
            miya
            Participant

I will try all those things. When it runs it runs great.
              Is there a way to know if the impellor/rotor is working?
              Thanks for the help.

Miya

miya
              Participant

Is there a kit for the carburetor?
                Also I found a NOS rotor but I am not sure it is for my motor is the p/n #550683? found it for 30$ plus shipping.

frankr
                Participant

US Member

I guess that is ok if you want to pay that much. However, two of our members make them for less than half that much.

One is http://home.earthlink.net/~flyingscott/index.html

I’ll be back in a couple of minutes with info on the other one

OK, I’m back Brian Wilcox is the other one, call 810-794-7685 before 8 pm est please.Or email Baron0418@att.net. please note the b must be a capital

I have bought from both.

cajuncook1
                  Participant

Here is a link to download a comprehensive Gale parts and service manual. Gale(OMC 3rd division product line) is the primary maker of Sea King outboard from 1941 to 1963 are close to.

http://richardlpaquette.ca/GaleProducts … Manual.pdf

eviltwin
                    Participant

I have had water in the carburetor bowl cause that exact problem on other motors. I thought because I had dumped the tank and put fresh gas in, thought I was good to go, but there was still water in the bowl. It would run a few seconds and suck up water and stall. I had added dry gas but it apparently didn’t help. It is an easy fix, pull the one bolt under the bowl, take it down and check for water seperated out. Make sure fuel line is shut off if possible. Just dump the contnts of the bowl cause this is where any sludge, etc. will accumulate.

miya
                      Participant

Well she runs good now. ran her for about 30-40 min. and the only issue was the tank mounting screws came loose and 2 fell out. I had to hold the tank stead to prevent the flywheel from hitting it. She moves my 18′ sailing boat well.
                        Should I use lock tight or something to keep the tank attached?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.