Home Forum Ask A Member Needle in a haystack?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    davidk
    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

I have this bow light I’d like to use. It has nice glass lenses. I think it’s made by Perko but I’m not sure of that. It’s missing the plug that you use to change the bulb. Anyone have a parts light, maybe missing the lenses? Or a box full of Perko plugs?

I’m wondering about finding an old coin that might fit, maybe to match the year of the boat I mount it on.

Attachments:

davidk
      Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Another shot of it

Attachments:

RICHARD A. WHITE
        Participant

Lifetime Member

With the right dimensions one could make something on a lathe or other machine to fill that void…

http://www.richardsoutboardtools.com
          classicomctools@gmail.com

davidk
          Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Does the flag holder look like a repair or an add on?

Attachments:

sydinnj
            Participant

US Member - 2 Years

I am going to say that the flag holder is factory, but maybe has had a repair done to it. Actually looking at more of it there are other repairs that have been done to this one.

outbdnut2
              Participant

US Member

Does that missing plug also have the light socket attached the underside of it? On some models made in the late 1950s, the insert that holds the flagpole twists and comes out with the bulb and socket attached for bulb replacement – two wires follow it out. If it is made that way, you can always cobble a socket in from the underside and make a plug for the hole. Getting an aged chrome match on a plug will be difficult, perhaps it could be painted a satin or flat black to contrast the chrome. It looks like a black ring around the hole anyway. It looks like an old Crestliner boat drain plug may screw right in – they had those fine threads. Note the early 1950s Crestliner drain plugs were slightly smaller diameter than the later ones, so there are two sizes out there.
                Dave

davidk
                Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Here’s one from eBay, showing the plug. Must be made of gold. ($149)

Attachments:

outbdnut2
                  Participant

US Member

I see it has "PERKO" stamped into it. They are still in business and maybe could help you. Click onthe link below and at the very last line at the bottom of their website youcanclick on "contact us".
                    Dave

http://www.perko.com/

billy-j
                    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

You used to get the whole boat and trailer including the bow light for $149.00

davidk
                      Participant

US Member - 2 Years

I figured out a solution I feel good about. I bought a 1956 Franklin half dollar that fits the hole nicely. 1956 because that’s the year of the Herters I mounted the light on.

Attachments:

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 14 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.