Home Forum Ask A Member OMC Coils

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    johng
    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Garry in Tampa. Can you list the 50’s and up OMC Coils by Colors & Part numbers again. Thanks

garry-in-michigan
      Participant

Lifetime Member

Your wish is my command . . . 😎

johng
        Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Thanks Garry. You are just like the Shell Answer Man. You always have the right answer.

amuller
          Participant

So what’s the latest word on buying coils? I see them on ebay for about $26 pair including shipping, usually from Hong Kong.

twostroke
            Participant

I just bought a dozen of the black Chinese-made ones for $10/ea. w/shipping. I’ve used them in several motors and a couple conversions without any issues. For that matter, the laminates fit better than the last Sierra ones I bought.

Jim

I say "pardon me" a lot. I had a 20H, then raced open mod sleds.

johng
              Participant

US Member - 2 Years

I just bought a pair of Black ones that said made in China on the box, didn’t come with rubber boots for the wires. Fit good on Mag plate with the Tool. $29.80 delivered no shpg. charge. Good spark. Its amazing how many different people are selling the foreign ones. Variety of colors and prices. Makes you wonder how many companies are producing them.

amuller
                Participant
                  quote twostroke:

I just bought a dozen of the black Chinese-made ones for $10/ea. w/shipping. I’ve used them in several motors and a couple conversions without any issues. For that matter, the laminates fit better than the last Sierra ones I bought.

Jim

What’s the source? I have two Martins to do so need at least 4.

Alan

dan-in-tn
                  Participant

US Member

If you will notice the ones from HK, Hong Kong are all the same person? At least it seems that way. Language is the same in ad & picture has red sports car & motorcycle. Price is around $13 per coil OBO. The supplier below is the one I got mine from. I contacted him & offered $10 after the first ones I gave $12.63 for. Have bought 12 total. All fit fine & work well. Packaging is poor, but they have made it here undamaged. See link below.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-Ignition-Co … SwALhaXxE-

Not sure about durability, but so far so good. Definitely cheap enough. Going to see if they will sell them without the laminates for cheaper still? Have to save them something & shipping should be less.

Dan in TN

amuller
                    Participant

Great idea to buy without the lams.

The Boat House
                      Participant

My experience with these coils is they rarely fail internally.
                        The failure is with the cover. I question whether this black
                        material is of a quality that will hold up coming from China?
                        I personally have stayed away from them paying a few dollars
                        more for the green ones but I only buy a few a year. Mostly for
                        the replacement of obsolete coils and there is no guarantee
                        they are any better. Time will tell I guess.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.