Home Forum Ask A Member OMC fuel filter

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    labrador-guy
    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Has anyone found a replacement fuel filter that will work in the sediment bulb of the fifty’s OMC motors? Original part number 0303133. Something that don’t cost so much!

dale

outbdnut2
      Participant

US Member

Sierra #18-7826. At I-boats is $7.38. It beats paying $20! and looks like the original.
        Dave

http://www.iboats.com/Fuel-Filter-18-7826-Sierra/dm/cart_id.623031401–session_id.256941496–view_id.174148

labrador-guy
        Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Obn2, I think that filter goes in the tank. I am working on a ’58 OMC 7 1/2hp. The filter I need is in the sediment bowl on the bottom of the carb. Years ago I remember seeing a small fuel filter on the Rochester two barrel carburetor on my dads Chevy. Maybe someone has found a way to make one of those work on an outboard motor. There are a lot of cheep pikers like me trying to save a buck here and there so we can buy more old motors! It don’t hurt to ask!

dale

fisherman6
          Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Dale,
            Is your motor missing the filter or is it clogged? I have had pretty good luck cleaning out the sintered filters using carburetor cleaner and compressed air if it is clogged. I know it looks unoriginal, but you can always run without the filter in the bowl and add a small inline filter before the carburetor too if all you want to do is make sure the fuel is clean. Just thoughts.
            -Ben

OldJohnnyRude on YouTube

punchbug
            Participant

what is the size of the bowl I have a NOS 303121 sediment bowl with the gasket that lists for $48 but I will sell it for $24. Also have a used sediment bowl but not sure what it is for. Give me the diameter and height of yours and I will see if it will work. Attached are pics of the used one. Complete assembly asking $20

Attachments:

labrador-guy
              Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Mine is missing. I have cleaned those lots of times also. Replacements are expensive and I am learning that the sediment filters that are mounted on the power head are different than the ones on the carb. I have a hand full of in line filters that I bought at a flea market early this summer. I might put one of those on there.

dale

Steve D
                Participant

Hey Dale, I recently sold a few of those on eBay but I’m sure I have another one around here you can have. It’ll probably need some cleaning, blowing out, as mentioned. If you PM me your info I’ll send one out to you. Or email sdpiazza (at) aol

Attachments:

wedgie
                  Participant

Ordered about a month ago and just received 10 of these in the mail today. About 50 cents each with free shipping to Canada. Haven’t tried them yet but they look ok . Nice and compact so you should be able to find a spot under the cowl to splice them in the fuel line going to the carb, and eliminate the filter in the bowl altogether.

outbdnut2
                    Participant

US Member
                      quote labrador guy:

Obn2, I think that filter goes in the tank. I am working on a ’58 OMC 7 1/2hp. The filter I need is in the sediment bowl on the bottom of the carb. Years ago I remember seeing a small fuel filter on the Rochester two barrel carburetor on my dads Chevy. Maybe someone has found a way to make one of those work on an outboard motor. There are a lot of cheep pikers like me trying to save a buck here and there so we can buy more old motors! It don’t hurt to ask!

dale

I’ve used these Sierra filters – I know they fit in the sediment bowls on 30 – 35 – and 40 HP OMCs from the 1950s and 1960s and look like the originals. I don’t know if they fit that 7-1/2 you mentioned on the bottom of the carb. Also Sierra 18-2889 is the sediment bowl gasket for these bigger motors.
                      Dave

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.