Home Forum Ask A Member OMC Portable 6 gal Tank Bottom Molding

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    gypsmjim
    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Back in the day OMC made a while rubber molding that could be fitted to the bottom of their 3 and 6 gal metal tanks. I had one on every tank I owned. I’m restoring an old tank and need a new one. They were used to keep the tank from scratching the deck.

Anyone have a part number that I could search, or even provide the proper terminology for the part?

rudderless
      Participant

Its an automotive item. Try windlace…or auto trim…

rmhxruss
        Participant

Tempo 600TTG 300020. Tempo is out of business. Could be new old stock around.

Mumbles
          Participant

Scroll down the page a bit and these guys have them for $12.95 in their ‘Close Out’ section.

http://www.crisfield.com/gold/store/index.htm

opposedtwin
            Participant

US Member - 2 Years
              gypsmjim
              Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Thanks to all. I found several sources now. Never even heard of the term "windlace"….LOL.

rudderless
                Participant

My dad built cars for a hobby in the 30s and 40s and windlace was a term he used to use for a certian body trim molding.

amuller
                  Participant

I used to use this stuff but many people have found it to trap water and rust the tank. If I were to use it now I would just put a few short pieces at the corners.

1957evinrude
                    Participant

US Member

Good Idea. I have a rubber mat that I put the tank on.

bill-loveland
                      Participant
                        quote amuller:

I used to use this stuff but many people have found it to trap water and rust the tank. If I were to use it now I would just put a few short pieces at the corners.

I just applied another similar product (sold as "truck and van door trim") to one of my tanks. I think I’ll drain it this winter, clean up the rim and give it a good couple coats of paint before I put the protector back on.

For years we used a rubber mat and while it protected the bottom of the boat (fiberglass) it always trapped water and grunge under it

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.