Home Forum Ask A Member Outboard Delivery Help

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    loggerhead
    Participant

Hello All,
      I thought there might be a heading for this and maybe there is and I missed it but what I’m looking for is a ride from New York to Florida for a vintage outboard motor that I purchased off of Craigslist. I had plans to make Aubreythe trip to pick it up this summer however my wife has fallen ill and will be unable to make the trip for an undetermined amount of time. The motor is a 1958 7.5 HP Scott Mcculloch weighing in at about 65 pounds and includes the remote fuel tank weighing no more than 10 pounds. I really don’t want to use a freight carrier to ship the motor because they have damaged items in the past and really don’t care that it’s an antique. The motor currently resides near the Finger Lakes area of New York and needs a ride to north central Florida. If any AOMCI member or vintage outboard fan from New York that’s planning on making the trip down or that winters over in the sunshine statei is interested in being paid a fair rate for making this delivery, please PM me or email me at gteate@embarqmail.com to discuss details.
      Thanks In Advance,
      GaryT

jw-in-dixie
      Participant

Have shipped motors all over the US via FedEx Ground without one mishap. Pack well. Bus may be an option – check max weight they accept.
        One of the fastener companies might work. Good luck.

PugetSoundBoater
        Participant

Contact Fastenal,they ship

"Some people want to know how a watch works, others just want to know what time it is"
          Robbie Robertson

RICHARD A. WHITE
          Participant

Lifetime Member

Only cost me $125 to ship a Koban from New Jersey to Indiana… Fastenal…worth every penny

http://www.richardsoutboardtools.com
            classicomctools@gmail.com

outboardnut
            Participant

US Member

should make Fastenal an advertiser

joesnuffy
              Participant

I used Greyhound once on a small motor it was a 20hp Mercury. Pretty economical also. I have my 7.5hp Scott in the barrel right now not a very heavy motor show they most likely could ship it they put it down below with the bags.

Joe

loggerhead
                Participant

Thanks for the replies gentlemen, I wasjust thinking win/win here. If there’s an antique/vintage outboard fan who is interested in making $125.00 and has the extra space to haul the motor, I’d rather he get the money to help with his fuel costs. It’s just an option that I wanted to make available to anyone who might be interested. If no takers then I’ll make other arrangements…no worries.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.