Home Forum Ask A Member P-35 tiller grip?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Randy in Tampa
    Participant

Did the 1927 Johnson P 35 have leather grip at anytime? Or did it always have the rubber grip? 😕

george-emmanuel
      Participant

US Member

Hmmm, I assume it was always rubber. Leather grips were on the A’s

Randy in Tampa
        Participant
          quote George Emmanuel:

Hmmm, I assume it was always rubber. Leather grips were on the A’s

hi George, that was my understanding also until I noticed that my pristine P 30 came with a leather grip when I was checking through my manual the part list showed the rubber one, I was wondering if the early ones ever used it or the previous owner (Ed) put it on just to make it look nice? Hmmmm

george-emmanuel
          Participant

US Member

Randy, now you are talking about two different motors; P-30 vs P-35. The P-30 was the earliest Big Twin and could very well have had the leather grip. The part numbers for the steering handles change from the A series to the K,P,PR (40),T and OA and OK. In the Johnson common parts book they do not show different grips, only the steering handle complete. I do not have P-30 parts book to compare part numbers, but I’ll bet since the P-30 is 1926 it may have had the leather grip. Things really changed in 1927 with the designs becoming the same for all motors whereas in 1926 the different models had different designs…

bluehaze
            Participant

FWIW, my P-35 has a black rubber grip.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.