Home Forum Ask A Member Parts From Oldmercs.com

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    bill-austin
    Participant

Hello antique outboard motor fans. I am curious if other AOMCI collectors and rebuilders have been having issues with the parts that have been purchased from Oldmercs.com. Over the past six months I have purchased lower unit kits (with gaskets, seals, and o-rings) for a KG7, Merc 700FGS, and Merc 800DR from Oldmercs.com and every kit has contained gaskets, seals, or O-rings that were the wrong size. Most notable were the water pump gaskets for the Merc 700 and Merc 800 that contained gaskets that were not even close to being correct. Attempting to contact Oldmercs.com is a waste of time. No one answers the telephone and voice messages are never returned. In each case I have had to order new gaskets from Marineengine.com to complete the rebuild projects. I was just curious if anyone else out there have had a similar issue and what there resolution was.

Best Wishes,
      Bill Austin
      KG7, KH7, Mark 30 Tiller, Merc 400, Merc 700 FGS, Merc 800 DR

A Hoskins
      Participant

US Member - 2 Years

My experiences with those folks, though limited, were totally positive.

"Fox News" isn't.

labrador-guy
        Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Hey guys, don’t forget about Ferguson Poole for your Mercury parts. They will return your email and they will help you out if they can. In my mind they are the best!

http://www.fergusonpoolemarine.com

dale

davidk
          Participant

US Member - 2 Years

I had a negative experience with oldmercs this winter. Unresponsive, kept me tagging along. After two months I cancelled the order. Used to be a great resource.

chris-p
            Participant

I second Joe Poole for my Merc needs. Top notch service.

jeff-register
              Participant

US Member - 2 Years

huge 10-4 to Joe, he has more than earned the praise. Personal friend of the Poole’s
                Jeff

bill-austin
                Participant

Thanks for the information about Joe Poole’s Mercury parts source. I have not do business with Mr. Poole in the past, but you bet I will in the future.

Bill Austin

fifty20ne
                  Participant

US Member

I placed an order on 3/30/18 Good Friday No Post Office open, and received it today 4/4/18 shipped to Toledo Oh via USPS priority mail.That’s Great Service IMHO

Thanks OldMercs,

Bob

bill-austin
                    Participant

Sorry for the delayed reply to my earlier post. I was in the process of selling my home in Georgia and moving to Tennessee. In the meantime I received a nice email from Oldmercs that explained they were a one person operation and that phone was not the best way to contact them. They explained email or a letter was the best method of correspondence. In this age of instant gratification people (myself included) have become lazy and rely on cell phones, text, and messenger for communication. In the future, I’ll send them a letter.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.