Home Forum Ask A Member Phelon Condenser Replacement

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    wbeaton
    Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

Is there a better source for Phelon condensers Mercury 398-693 or Sierra 18-5206 out there? I can’t find a source for less than $18 CAD. I can order them at $10 USD, but that turns into $18 CAD to my door. I can buy them from my local dealer at that price. I would even consider an equivalent. I need to make a bulk purchase (20) and would like a better price if possible.

Wayne
      Upper Canada Chapter

uccaomci.com

dave-bernard
      Participant

US Member

use a 600v capacitor of the value you need and mount it in the gutted condenser can. cost about $1.00 each if you buy quanity.

mercuryman
        Participant

Capacitor for Phelon is .15 – .19 uf look on Ebay .18 uf 600 volt capacitor .

wbeaton
          Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

Thanks. I’ll give them a try. I thought the single wire leads might be too fragile for this application.

Wayne
            Upper Canada Chapter

uccaomci.com

dave-bernard
            Participant

US Member

use a linier cap. drill a hole in the bottom of the condenser solder the wire in the hole pull the cap down as far as possible then solder the wire from the original condenser. and use the old parts to cap things off. use some hot glue to keep things in place. can look close to original.

wbeaton
              Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

I’m really not worried about originality under the flywheel. Working properly and reliably is all that matters

Wayne
                Upper Canada Chapter

uccaomci.com

Randy in Tampa
                Participant

NAPA, RR176 😎

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.