Home Forum Ask A Member PO 15 Questions with photos

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    PugetSoundBoater
    Participant

Here are the 2 PO-15 i got.
      The one with the long tiller is complete serial# 378523
      The one with the short tiller is serial#478133 and is missing the spark plug covers. I assume those covers are going to be hard to find ,and pricey if found.I haven’t checked them out real close yet, but aren’t those covers sand cast and polished. Acceptable copies could be made?
      Questions:
      Is there a list with a serial #/year built list availiable? The seller said these are older than WW2.That is in line with the POLR that has a higher/later #.

Are POLR and PO-15 parts interchangeable? Slight difference that are known of?
      The POLR manual reads one pint oil per gallon, what is recommended for these and what ratio ,now with the newer improved oils?
      THanks, Jim PSB

Attachments:

"Some people want to know how a watch works, others just want to know what time it is"
      Robbie Robertson

Buccaneer
      Participant

US Member

According to this list, one of yours is a 1940,
        the other built between 1943 to 1945

Attachments:

Prepare to be boarded!

mike-stroz
        Participant

I don’t have mine anymore, but I ran an 8:1 fuel mix in it. Better to have too much than too little.

Anonymous

8 to 1 mix , this motor needs that much oil to live, modern oil or not. The covers show up at meets at reasonable prices or Art DeKalb sells new cast covers, but they require finish work.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.