Home Forum Ask A Member Re: 1954-55 Sea King 12HP fuel line questions

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    huntleybill
    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

I am restoring a Sea King 12HP motor. It has the on board fuel tank. It also has the remote fuel tank hookup. Missing is the on-board fuel tank tank lines and valves. I do not know what exactly is missing and how to hook everything back up. I don’t have a parts manual for it either. I’d like to put it back the way it is supposed to be.

Does anyone have a parts book for this motor so I can see what is missing? …or
      Does anyone have pictures of what this setup should look like?

Any help would be appreciated.
      Thank you
      Bill

Steve D
      Participant

Others are more familiar with this model than I am so I’ll let them comment on the setup, but I do have a few pages of the parts manual that might help from Garry’s pile of stuff…and a pdf file of the whole manual.

Attachments:

frankr
        Participant

US Member

Simply remove the pump and lines and replace with the in-tank filter, shut-off valve, and hose to carb, as shown on the parts list.

huntleybill
          Participant

US Member - 2 Years
            quote FrankR:

Simply remove the pump and lines and replace with the in-tank filter, shut-off valve, and hose to carb, as shown on the parts list.

Is there a setup that allowed you to use both? Or did the motor only come with one or the other? Or, did it just come with the tank setup and not the remote setup?

frankr
            Participant

US Member

They came with an on-board tank, with the remote tank and pump available as accessories. It was an either-or system, not both. However I did rig one up to have choice of tank.

huntleybill
              Participant

US Member - 2 Years

How did you rig that up?

Also, couldn’t you just take the hose off the external tank connector and plug it into the on-board tank and leave the fuel pump connected? Or is that way overkill?

frankr
                Participant

US Member

As you can see, I used a B&S pump, but any others would work also

Note tee below carb, and hose from external connector to tee

On-board tank valve to tee. And hose from tee to pump inlet. Also hose from pump to carb

New style fuel connector has pin that shuts off flow when hose is disconnected (prevents pump from sucking air when unplugged)

Attachments:

huntleybill
                  Participant

US Member - 2 Years

This is fantastic…Thank you. Looks like all I need is a "T" to make this work!

huntleybill
                    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Looks like I don’t have that modern fuel connector for the remote tank. Can you tell me where you got that at? part number?

Thank you again
                      Bill

frankr
                      Participant

US Member

Well I might have to ponder on that a few minutes. I might have gotten it from e-bay (??) I think it may be 393334 replacement for 376154. I do know they list for an arm and leg if bought new from a dealer. I’ll look around some more. I might have another one.

EDIT: Well I found one, but it doesn’t seal reliably. Sorry ’bout that.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.