Home Forum Ask A Member Replacement parts for OMC flywheel puller?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    billw
    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

I went to pull a flywheel off a small, 4 hp Merc, the other day. It seems that I have lost one of the larger diameter, heavy washers. I don’t know how it happened; as I always keep the set in the original box and empty it into a tray, each time I use it!! Anyway, are individual parts available for the puller kit? I don’t think I ever needed them, or ever saw any listed, before. Thanks for any thoughts.

Long live American manufacturing!

jerry-ahrens
      Participant

US Member

Bill, sent you a PM.

frankr
        Participant

US Member

Part # 307640

squierka39
          Participant

US Member

While we are on the subject. I just bought the puller kit. What is the centering tool for and how does it work?

PugetSoundBoater
            Participant
              quote FrankR:

Part # 307640

Where did you get the individual part # ? I didn’t get any list or instructions with my new puller. If you have a PN list please share it
              Thanks,Jim

"Some people want to know how a watch works, others just want to know what time it is"
              Robbie Robertson

billw
              Participant

US Member - 2 Years
                quote FrankR:

Part # 307640

Thanks very much, Frank! "If it’s on your mind, it’s on eBay," as they say; so I have three on the way.

I never got a parts list with my puller set, either. Does one exist? Is it in a service bulletin?

Thanks again,
                Bill

Long live American manufacturing!

Steve D
                Participant

Frank probably has something else but I found one here. http://www.everythingoutboards.com/brp/brpnumbers.html

After you asked for the number I started searching for "OMC Universal Puller 378103" because I’d like to get some spare washers and screws for mine too and I came across this site.

I often see OMC tools on ebay I’m not familiar with but the seller has the part number of the tool. This site has a link to all the numbers with a brief description/application/picture.

Attachments:

garry-in-michigan
                  Participant

Lifetime Member

I just picked up a package of 4 double thickness fender washers at Lowes this week . . . 🙄

frankr
                    Participant

US Member

The illustration posted above is similar to the one I consulted. It is in the OMC Special Tools Catalog.

seakaye12
                      Participant

US Member
                        quote Steve D:

Frank probably has something else but I found one here. http://www.everythingoutboards.com/brp/brpnumbers.html

That is a really useful site; it appears to be a work in progress; quite the task it’s owner has assigned himself.

Look at all the Service Bulletins he has listed…..and he even offers to scan and post them if asked…..For Free??

Thanks to whoever is working that hard to help us all out.

Chuck

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 14 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.