Home Forum Ask A Member searching posts

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    kirkp
    Participant

I’m either old or slow on the uptake (or both) but have a question about searching posts. Say I want to search for posts on pressure tanks and only want posts that have both words. I’ve tried several variations but still get posts that have one of the words. Any direction is appreciated.
      Kirk

Buccaneer
      Participant

US Member

I’ve always had better luck searching in Google.
        AOMCI pressure tanks
        brings quite a few "hits".
        Not sure if the new web site will have improved search capabilities,
        but one can wish.

Prepare to be boarded!

treeguy
        Participant

US Member

I recently asked a similar question in a post a few weeks ago. Another member suggested searching for a particular topic in google and then adding "site:aomci.org" (no space after the colon) after the search term. For "pressure tanks site:aomci.org" I came up with 6 pages of results. This will only yield results from sections of the website not requiring a membership to the club.

kirkp
          Participant

Thanks guys. I searched using AOMCI as Buccaneer suggested and had good results. I will be using Google for some of the more detailed searches from now on.
            Kirk

kirkp
            Participant

Just went out and performed searches using both suggested formats. Didn’t look at every result but it is evident that Treeguy’s method for the most part brings up posts only on AOMCI while Buccaneer’s method brings up other sites that mentions AOMCI in conjunction with pressure tank.
              Kirk

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.