Home Forum Ask A Member Solviet Whirlwind recoil parts

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    dockbuster1
    Participant

Lifetime Member

Does anyone have a Russian contact that might have access to Whirlwind parts my recoil dog spring has broken end and will not ingage the fly wheel

davidk
      Participant

US Member - 2 Years

A picture paints a thousand words, Comrade!

Attachments:

Tom
        Participant

US Member

Wow, that’s a pretty clear rip off of the Scott system starting in the mid 50’s. Is it possible Scott parts will fit directly?

T

davidk
          Participant

US Member - 2 Years

I think Tom is onto something here…..

Attachments:

billw
            Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Dearly departed member Art Sesselburg and his Odd Job Motors website had quite a write-up on chasing down info in Russia, for his Whirlwind. While he is gone, his writings live on. Maybe they would be of some help. Still, I would definitely try a Scott part, first. The trouble I found with the Whrilwind was that while they blatantly copied a lot of things, the material quality was poor. That motor has virtually no time on it; so my guess is that the part was of inferior quality. If you can get a Scott part to fit, it’s very likely that it will be a lot better.

Too bad Putin apparently never owned a Whirlwind. If he did, the original engineering staff would be pushing up daisies by now.

Long live American manufacturing!

retiredoz
              Participant

US Member

Do you have the pawls ? I would think that spring should still work..

dockbuster1
                Participant

Lifetime Member

The Scott McCulloch pawls and spring retainer are an exact replacement and they did the trick I guess the Solviets weren’t above copying what could not be seen

retiredoz
                  Participant

US Member

Cool ! You can safely ignore my PM lol

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.