Home Forum Ask A Member Spark Plug Recommendation

Viewing 3 posts - 11 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    skanders01
    Participant

I stand (actually sit) in awe of the knowledge that is the collective of this group. Didn’t mean to "circumsize the muskita" as one wise man 😆 once said, but I truly enjoyed the sharing of knowledge, if not the answer to my question.

One more soap box comment, since I can. When asked for website improvement suggestions last year, my only input was that there exists such a wealth of knowledge that has been shared among group members as well as those who come here for help. Not sure what became of all of the suggestions, but my suggestion was for better search functionality. If better search software is to costly, maybe just a better primer on how to use the existing software, and if that already exists, a more obvious link to it.

Again, thanks for the responses. I’ll be heading to AutoZone as soon as it quits snowing. 😡

Kyle Anderson
      Trempeleau, WI
      skanders@triwest.net
      920-764-0501

RICHARD A. WHITE
      Participant

Lifetime Member

One thing to remember,

Some call it a skeg, others call it a skag, some call it a foot. So when searching use different terms and that may help..
        I do not think there will be any search engine that can interpret a wrong name and give you what your looking for.

That would be awesome though!

http://www.richardsoutboardtools.com
        classicomctools@gmail.com

crosbyman
        Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

well…. me having worked Telecom fraud prevention…. our company had developed a "sound’s & look’s like" algorithm to detect sneaky subscribers who would try to get freebie long distance calls by re-subscribing to phone service using a look alike name .

like rabbits being habitual animals these customers would always "come back" using similar names which got picked off quickly as suspicious customers fitting the profile:

– new applicants
          – calls to high fraud destination (hot) countries
          – high volume of calls
          – long calls
          etc…

that said maybe the AOMCI search engine could map some common name (skeg skag foot) against a word file and.. then exercise the search on analogous / synonymous names of our "trade"

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 11 through 13 (of 13 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.