Home Forum Ask A Member tn27 nutty question….

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    crosbyman
    Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

never seen this one before …

what is the purpose of the side nut and wires (between coil C and the left capacitor.. just on the edge ) and 2 black wires

Each wire joins up and goes the to the screw on each point…… where the coil and capacitor normally join up.

that nut is held from under the mag plate and seems to have been insulated from the mag body itself

btw I used a program called SNAG IT to clip out the picture from the Johnson bible… works great

Attachments:

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

Mumbles
      Participant

If the wires go to an insulated bolt/nut on the mag plate, I think that would be your kill circuit. Retarding the speed control lever all the way makes the insulated bolt/nut contact a ground on the motors block.

crosbyman
        Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

sounds reasonnable…come to think of it …

I’ll simulate a ground on the under mag plate insulated metallic circle held by the bolt head … to check for grounds showing up on the points themselves ..

one wonders why they did not carry this feature over to some of the mid 50s engine which need to be killed with the choke !

then they reintroduced kill buttons as a … new feature

crosbyman
          Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

Mumbles…

update test results… 🙂

Nice functioning kill circuit… individual wires each goes to 0 ohms ground on the mag plate when a small tab under the mag plate is compressed
            buy a pointy tab on the mag plate support when the mag plate goes below SLOW speed .

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.