Home Forum Ask A Member TRIM outboard

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    bill-loveland
    Participant

At the Mecum/Jim Street auction, there was a beautiful TRIM outboard. I just ran across a very similar looking motor from Lutetia while prowling Jack’s site. Does anybody know about the TRIM? I believe it is Swedish, although the example at the auction had English instructions. Were the companies associated? Would a Swedish company build a French company’s design in 1932 (or vice versa)?

http://www.cailleoutboards.com/rowboat/ … tetia.html

dan-in-tn
      Participant

US Member

I sent you a PM.

Dan in TN

melugin
        Participant

US Member

I have Streets’ Trim. It is 22hp, service model. The lubrication instructions are in English on one side of the tank and Swedish on the other. Any tune-up info would be appreciated. I see quite a similarity to the Lutetia.

kees
          Participant

International Member - 2 Years
            quote melugin:

I have Streets’ Trim. It is 22hp, service model. The lubrication instructions are in English on one side of the tank and Swedish on the other. Any tune-up info would be appreciated. I see quite a similarity to the Lutetia.

the model C or CP develops 20 – 22 hp, so that’s your model
            and its a little rare and hard to find
            the real race motor was the model "CR"
            more common are the 2-cyl. models "T" and the model "A" ( 4 – 6 hp )
            I don’t have tune-up info, but maybe one of our members from Sweden jumps in .

kees
            Participant

International Member - 2 Years
              quote bill_loveland:

At the Mecum/Jim Street auction, there was a beautiful TRIM outboard. I just ran across a very similar looking motor from Lutetia while prowling Jack’s site. Does anybody know about the TRIM? I believe it is Swedish, although the example at the auction had English instructions. Were the companies associated? Would a Swedish company build a French company’s design in 1932 (or vice versa)?

IMHO there was no technical cooperation between the French and Swedish, but………..
              you can always accuse every company , also in those days, for stealing and copying designs from each other
              AND OF COURSE , THEY DID !
              and , say by yourself, every outboard looks basically the same

http://www.cailleoutboards.com/rowboat/ … tetia.html

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.