Home Forum Ask A Member Trying to remove 1950 Johnson QD11 lower unit

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Rick Robbins
    Participant

What’s stopping me is trying to get the rear cover that covers the shift linkage off. I know I have to remove it to continue and I’ve removed the 3 screws but I can’t get it to come off. it’s loose but there is no slop at this point to pull it out. What am I missing? Service manual seems to say it should come off easy, they hardly mention this step. Replacing the pump impeller. Rick
      P.S. I also removed the 4 screws holding the lower unit on but it’s not budging, might have to tap on it to get some slack.
      UPDATE: Leaving the leg in a down position last night with the lower unit screws removed let the lower unit drop as far as the shift linkage would allow. The above rear cover will still not come off, even though it has lots of movement, because something on the top of it catches on something that I can’t see. Does this require taking off the upper rear cover that’s connected to the powerhead as well?
      I managed to get everything accomplished that I was attempting. No need for any responses. Thank You

• This topic was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by Rick Robbins.
      1 user thanked author for this post.
    Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.