Home Forum Ask A Member Used engine parts supplier- experiences ?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    jethro
    Participant

Hi all- my first post here….
      I am getting back to my pile of motors finaly after about 5 years……
      I have several johnson/ev. rd-18, rde-17,rd18 type motors (and a couple of 59 larks)
      I am looking for various parts for the rd-17 series. (crank, rods,pistons, hoods, whole powerhead ect)

i saw a web page called "Boat Parts LLC" which seems to show quite a few used parts. However I saw no physical adress listed-
      cant remember if there was a phone number or not—–
      I thought before i just send money—– I wondered if anybody here could give me a thumbs up or down as to the legitimacy of this
      website from a customer saitsfaction standpoint—- and more importantly— is it REAL ??????
      it is http://www.vintageboatparts.com – and the title at the top of the home page is "BoatParts LLC ".

I am also open to other reccomendations as to where are friendly places to shop for used parts.
      I have heard positive things about SeaWay marine and also Laings……….
      Any feedback would be wellcome and appreciated.
      Tim

wiscoboater
      Participant

Laings and Doug Penn are both excellent places to buy from. You might also try the FREE CLASSIFIED ads here on the site. I have bought from and sold to many members here. Very honest and helpful people every time has been my experience. Another member that just started a new and used parts service is member Chris_P. His knowledge is very helpful when shopping used parts.

wedgie
        Participant

Try Dan Gano. Lots of new old stock at reasonable prices, and great to deal with too.

http://www.ganotech.com/

1946zephyr
          Participant

There are LOTS of used parts dealers out there and lots of helpful folks here to help as well.
            An RDE-17? That’s a collector.
            Just sold a beautiful RD-17 earlier this year.

Anyhow, the motors you have, still have plenty of parts availability: new and used.

phil-b
            Participant
              quote Wedgie:

Try Dan Gano. Lots of new old stock at reasonable prices, and great to deal with too.

I was referred to Dan when I was looking for parts for my first engine (a 1960 HP Johnson), and I concur, he’s been a great guy to deal with!

I’m sure there are many others as well!

jeff-register
              Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Wedgie,
                You took my thoughts, Dan has been my omc parts guy for over 5 years. I agree, very knowdgeable, good prices & parts. Plus a very nice guy to deal with! He had everything to rebuild my Evinrude 1954 15hp including new .15 over pistons & rings. That buy was like going back 50 years, everything was there & prices were very fair! Number one in my book.

chris-p
                Participant

Hey thanks Wannabe! Your next order is free 😉

jethro
                  Participant

I e-mailed Dan last nite and described the parts (generaly) in question that I was wishing for !
                    Perhaps I will hear from him in a day or two !
                    Thanks so much !
                    Tim

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.