Home Forum Ask A Member V-45 Johnson Head Gaskets

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    johnyrude200
    Participant

do you have a 6-digit P/N. Can’t find that one.

chris-p
      Participant

Doubt it would have a superseded pn, not that I know of anyways.

Randy in Tampa
        Participant

as Chris said that’s the only part number I know of if all your parts have six digit part numbers they would be for later motors, unless someone can chime in if they know better? 🙄

garry-in-michigan
          Participant

Lifetime Member

When OMC computerized there parts inventory in 1958 many of these odd numbers were given 306xxx and 307xxx numbers. Parts books from the late ’50s to mid ’60s reflect these changes. Parts with low sales which were considered old and/or obsolete were simply dropped from the parts books. When BRP took over OMC they added a leading zero to avoid conflict with there existing part numbers. Thus Evinrudes 43X123 and Johnsons 43-123 became 307583 needle valve packing. Unfortunately I could not find a listing for 23-241. . . 😥

johnyrude200
            Participant

I have a fairly large NOS collection of parts from the 1940’s through the 1990’s, all cataloged digitally. Of course with such a large volume sometimes I have to do some ‘hunting and picking’ to find things, but for the most part it’s fairly organized.

If someone does come up with a part number I do have some of the old 5 digit parts, but the issue you run into is in many instances parts are superceded and the original number is deleted. It took about 200 hours of work to create an excel spreadsheet for my inventory by manually entering index cards with the old "Evinrude Service" logo on them. Still hold onto those cards for nostalgic reasons!

george-emmanuel
              Participant

US Member

I think I have an original Victor gasket number as I think I still have the package. We somtimes forget that other companies produced parts for outboards back then.

I’ll dig up the package and report back.

George

johnyrude200
                Participant

well I don’t work on V-45’s, so if I have gaskets here (which I may very well have), I’d rather see them put into service than continue to collect dust on my shelves!

george-emmanuel
                  Participant

US Member

I checked on the gasket number and the Victor package I have is for the S-45 series heads….sorry!

George

Randy in Tampa
                    Participant

the victor number on the gasket is 1212, I spoke with Gasket Cometic and I need to send a gasket,its same price each for 1 or 50 no tooling charge, they have 2 types that should work 😉

Randy in Tampa
                      Participant

I found another gasket it said Victor 1212 C1 if this helps,also I sent the gasket out priority mail today and expect to hear back from the gasket company next week on pricing so please stay tuned if you’re looking for V45-70 gaskets… 🙂

quote Randy in Tampa:

the victor number on the gasket is 1212, I spoke with Gasket Cometic and I need to send a gasket,its same price each for 1 or 50 no tooling charge, they have 2 types that should work 😉
                      Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 46 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.