Home Forum Ask A Member Value of KG 9 H with stacks?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    fastfrank
    Participant

I have a KG 9 H with stacks and a chrome flywheel, about 118 pounds of compression in each cylinder, gear driven mag, new points and condenser(no spark yet), original carbs ,only top and left side covers, nice Hydroshort lower unit, excellent 2 blade brass prop. Skeg has chips. Nice 4 into 2 stacks.
      How much is it worth? Thanks for your thoughts.

chris-p
      Participant

Where are you located and do you have an pictures?

76-j
        Participant

"Nice 4 into 2 stacks."

to me means, Being these are not OEM for this engine, perhaps the exhaust ports have been "altered", and depending who may, or may not have done this operation can drastically effect your asking price…
          just sayin’

fastfrank
          Participant

I am in Western Md, KG 9 H is in Atlanta. I will try to post pics. It is an original "barn find".

tarcigam
            Participant

E-bay really sets market value these days. look at sold listings. Nobody wants to hear it, but it is worth what someone will pay. The "Gold rush" on old motors is over for now at least.

bill-loveland
              Participant

One sold two weeks ago at the Jim Street auction for an ungodly price

A Hoskins
                Participant

US Member - 2 Years

The Mecum/Jim Street auction included over a dozen motors of that variety (KF-9, KG-9, MK-40). You can look at the pictures for comparison and log on to see the selling prices. As you may well know, the KG-9 with the quicksilver parts, running or not, is a fairly serious collector piece. Having the tiller handle is a real plus. Personally, I take Flea-bay with a grain of salt.

"Fox News" isn't.

bill-loveland
                  Participant

As a point of comparison, one sold recently on a local Craigslist for $500. No stacks, but it came with a deadman’s throttle and tank.

fastfrank
                    Participant

What did the KG 9 H sell for at Jim Street?

fastfrank
                      Participant

Help? To get the selling prices for Mecum\Jim Street,what do I log on to?
                        Thanks.
                        Fastfrank

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 16 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.