Home Forum Ask A Member What do I have here?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    neps989
    Participant

US Member

Got this from side of road for free. No markings other than this number 462-37440. Seems to have lots of compression, no spark though.
      Any information would be appreciated

Attachments:

mike-stroz
      Participant

Definitely a Firestone of some sort. I think it’s a ’46 or so if I’m not mistaken

retiredoz
        Participant

US Member

’46 3.5 Firestone manufactured by Scott-Atwater. Pretty close to bullet-proof motor, made for about 23 years with minor mods now and then.
          A clean tank (inside) is a giant plus. Spark is usually not a big problem, points need cleaning/regapping.

neps989
          Participant

US Member

Thanks for the information. Tank is pretty clean. Guy said he ran it last year. I doubt it though. It seems to be a pretty clean motor. I will clean points and replace plug wire and see what happens. Any idea what fuel mix would be?

neps989
            Participant

US Member

Thanks for the information. Tank is pretty clean. Guy said he ran it last year. I doubt it though. It seems to be a pretty clean motor. I will clean points and replace plug wire and see what happens. Any idea what fuel mix would be?

neps989
              Participant

US Member

jcrigan
                Participant

Spark plug is champion H10-J, set at 0.035", points are 0.020. Your fuel mix is 16/1 or 8 oz to a gallon gas. Use grease in the gearbox. Some around here use John Deere corn head grease or Lubriplate 105 assembly lube.

neps989
                  Participant

US Member

Thank you for the information.
                    I apologize for the duplicate posts.
                    Rob

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.