Home Forum Ask A Member What is it RBM parts.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    hotrod
    Participant

What are these parts from? The exhaust manifold is Evinrude but doesn’t fit to the crankcase. The flywheel and mag plate are Evinrude. The rest of the parts are unknown. The crankcase is aluminum. It looks like a tiller arm screws into the brass bracket which is down near the pump. The thumb screws design is a clue. The transom bracket halves are not connected to each other in front like Evinrudes are. The water pump intake hole looks small – odd to me. Both brass pads are the same design. The top grease cup is in an odd place – perhaps the tank is modified.

Attachments:

pm-t2
      Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

I’m going to suggest that along with the Evinrude parts you speak of that you’ve also got some Lockwood-Ash (and thus possibly Motorgo) bits there as well. The tank, for sure, looks to be L-A to me, (the brass casting sediment trap and outlet port gives that away) as does the transom bracket, mainly because its missing that cross-bar strut as you say, and because the transom thumbscrews more or less match the ones on my 1914 L-A rowboat motor.

Lower unit looks like Evinrude. I know that some Caille rowboat motors had Evinrude flywheels and mags on them, but I’m not too sure that Lockwood-Ash ever did that. In fact, I’m sure they didn’t. Looks like somebody was pretty crafty and worked hard at grafting an evinrude and Lockwood-Ash together to try and make a complete motor. The powerhead is likely L-A, and that’s why the Evinrude exhaust doesn’t match up with it.

Hope this helps.

Best,
        PM T2

RICHARD A. WHITE
        Participant

Lifetime Member

I have some spare LA exhaust manifolds if you need one…

http://www.richardsoutboardtools.com
          classicomctools@gmail.com

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.