Home Forum Ask A Member What Johnson motor is OMC 302687 cover for?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    causewayjen
    Participant

I am trying to clear out old stock and our online manuals only start at 1968 so I have no idea where to start to identify this part. It is unpainted metal, with a pick ticket from the factory with OMC part number 302687 and the part name simply says "cover". Does anyone have an idea which Johnson motor this goes to? Near it were two bracket-looking parts stamped with OMC number 305084 so it is possible they go with it, but not a certainty. Don’t know what those are for either. 🙂

fleetwin
      Participant

US Member - 2 Years

do you have a picture of the piece?

causewayjen
        Participant

I don’t know how to put a picture on here. If I hit the "img" tab at the top of the edit screen, it just inserts the word "img" into the message and doesn’t give me a way to select a photo.

seakaye12
          Participant

US Member

Upload your picture to Imgur as an example of one of the thousands of image hosting sites. In your "Post Reply" window here…..paste the BBcode that imgur will provide.

http://imgur.com/

frankr
            Participant

US Member

I don’t know what it is, but it was used only on Johnson motors, if that is a clue.

causewayjen
              Participant

Thanks SeaKaye, this is new to me. Let’s see if this works…

adam1961
                Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

That cover is for a 1954 Johnson 25HP. Unique to ’54 as it was the only year with a carry handle that bolted to the two flat bosses.

causewayjen
                  Participant

Thanks Adam!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.