Home Forum Ask A Member What was your first outboard?

Viewing 10 posts - 71 through 80 (of 128 total)
  • Author
    APL
    Participant

US Member

Johnson SC-10S (1968). Bought April 1997, first outboard I ever rebuilt. I still have it today.

It’ll always be my favorite, for memory sake. My Martin 75 is a close second, however.

Mumbles
      Participant

My dad had several outboards as we were growing up including a ’63 Johnson CD he bought new and is now in my possession. We doubt if it has more than 100 hours of run time on it and it’s in near mint condition.

The first outboard I could actually call my own was a ’57 Johnson 7.5 horse AD found in a field in pieces. It took forever to get it running but a few years ago I gave it a full rebuild and restoration. Now it sits sleeping on a rack with a bunch of other motors patiently waiting to be woken up again.

1957-Johnson-AD

dave-bernard
        Participant

US Member

first I used was a mercury mark 7. first one I bought was a merc 350 1963

bobw
          Participant

US Member

First family outboard was a 1963 Mercury 500. First outboard I ever owned was a 1984 Johnson 75hp and first motor in my old motor collection is a 1958 Johnson QD-19.

Bob

1937 Champion D2C Deluxe Lite Twin
            1954 Johnson CD-11
            1957 Evinrude Fastwin 18
            1958 Johnson QD-19
            1958 Johnson FD-12
            1959 Johnson QD-20

“Every 20 minute job is only a broken bolt away from a 3-day project.”
            "Every time you remove a broken or seized bolt an angel gets his wings."

johng
            Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Hi Lloyd, John from Ohio who delivered your 48′ TD- 20 to Constantine from your Brother-in-law’s home in Akron, Oh. a couple of years ago. Hope you never get rid of that one, it was in Mint shape. I hope you are feeling well. jr

lloyd
              Participant

US Member

Hi John and thank you so much for picking up that TD 20. It’s in my workshop nice and safe now.

crosbyman
                Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

My first motor 1967-8) was a 5hp Viking from Eaton’s with 2 year warranty…..never was happy with it then the head gasket leaked water so I took it back to Eaton’S under warranty and they gave me my money back when I upgraded to a real nice Merc 110 (9.8hp as i recall)

Yep Eaton’s were selling vikings and Mercs ! never had issues with that Merc… sold it $400 about 10-12 years after and upgraded to a used 20hp Merc …it later blew up when it punched a 1 inch hole on the side of the powerhead. nice motor.. short life 🙁

moved up to a 50hp Merc Classic with power trim.…on a 16 foot aluminum Princeraft………… absolute fantastic motor !!!

on and on till 2005 and went ETEC 75hp 🙂 … still runs great after 13 years …. next summer is coming I hope it holds on

110_1050-4

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

• This reply was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by crosbyman.
                  • This reply was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by Mumbles.
                  1957evinrude
                  Participant

US Member

My first outboard was a 1973 25 hp Johnson I bought from my dad.

fleetwin
                    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

57 Fleetwin…

chuckw
                      Participant

US Member - 2 Years

My first outboard was an Elto Pal given to me by an uncle. Still have the motor

Viewing 10 posts - 71 through 80 (of 128 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.