Home Forum Ask A Member Wisconsin RBM paint

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Buccaneer
    Participant

US Member

I need to get some paint for the Model M Wisconsin motor.
      Found lots of traces of "Gray" paint, not sure of the exact shade.
      I was thinking that a "high solids" engine paint that could be
      brushed on or spayed might look more natural, but if I can’t find
      something affordable, I’ll settle for what ever gray in Dupli-color.
      I’m looking for "out of the box" paint to purchase, nothing I need "mixed".
      Looked at Eastwood, Por-15, etc., and don’t find anything in Gray.
      Anyone paint a Wisconsin RBM lately? 😉
      Thanks.

Prepare to be boarded!

pm-t2
      Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

I used to recommend something that was either "Battleship Gray" or "Machinery Gray" for rowboat motors. You should be able to get it in either aerosol spray or in the can for brush application.

You can get something pretty close to the colours you want at a NAPA store. I use rust enamel on rowboat motors. The stuff I buy in Canada isn’t available in the USA. I use "Misty Gray" rust enamel. When it cures, it is very resistant to gasoline. I drip gas on it a lot and just wipe off, it suffers no damage. You can prime the base metal if you want, but for rust enamel, I never do.

Hope it helps.

Best,
        PM T2

Buccaneer
        Participant

US Member

PM T2, thanks for the suggestions. I had looked at some Battleship gray,
          but "machinery gray" gives me more options to find something.
          Will be going to the big city in a few days, so will see what I can find!

quote PM T2:

I used to recommend something that was either “Battleship Gray” or “Machinery Gray” for rowboat motors. You should be able to get it in either aerosol spray or in the can for brush application.
          You can get something pretty close to the colours you want at a NAPA store. I use rust enamel on rowboat motors. The stuff I buy in Canada isn’t available in the USA. I use “Misty Gray” rust enamel. When it cures, it is very resistant to gasoline. I drip gas on it a lot and just wipe off, it suffers no damage. You can prime the base metal if you want, but for rust enamel, I never do.
          Hope it helps.
          Best,
          PM T2

Prepare to be boarded!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.