Home Forum Ask A Member WWll Johnson PO15

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    mercuryman
    Participant

Anyone have a picture of 43-45 PO15. Did it have a brass tube around the motor?

Mumbles
      Participant

The military version of the PO-15, the POLR-15, had a hand rail going all the way around it. I don’t believe any PO-15’s were built for civilian use during those years.

Attachments:

garry-in-michigan
        Participant

Lifetime Member

Here is one from WW2 – a POLR set up to push a barge – From "Outboards at work", a booklet set up by the NOA (Mostly OMC) to convince the War Appropriations Board (Who had drastically restricted aluminum for outboards during the Korean "Police action" {It was never declared a war by congress}) that outboards were useful in times of war and emergencies, and were not just for people on vacation. It resulted in them loosening restrictions. Aluminum was still scarce, so OMC paid dealers so much a pound plus shipping for all there old aluminum outboard trade-ins. As a consequence, many of our precious antiques were chopped up to make new classic outboards. . . 😉

mercuryman
          Participant

Thanks just what I wanted to see.

george-emmanuel
            Participant

US Member

Birney—-do you want one of those handles? If so, I have one which you are welcome to.—Pm me

George

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.