Home Forum Ask A Member 1930 Evinrude Speedibee

Viewing 5 posts - 21 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    David Bartlett
    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Garry,

When are you going to write a book with all this great info in it?

David Bartlett
      Pine Tree Boating Club Chapter

"I don't fully understand everything I know!"

stanley
      Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Garry,

When are you going to write a book with all this great info in it?

What would it take to get you to write a book?You obviously have the knowledge and writing skill.

fmanracer
        Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Garry is there anything in your memory about putting a Lockwood Racing Chief on a Speedibee tower and lower unit? I do have a reason for asking. A racer in Michigan passed away a few years ago and left some stuff out of his garage to a member in the club I know. In going through the stuff on I found a strange tower and clamp bracket assembly that went to a lower unit that used the 3 blot system to bolt it on. I sent the tower to Jim Ross and he found that the only lower unit that would bolt up was SpeediBee. He also found that the only crankcase that would bolt up was Lockwood Chief.
          Jay

melugin
          Participant

US Member

One Speedibee was built from parts which Jim Webb found as surplus. It was incomplete and several accurate parts were made to finish it. Over many years a long time club member completed the construction. It was traded to another member not too many years ago.

labrador-guy
            Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Wow! What a story you need to wright a book! Thanks for sharing that with us.

dale

Viewing 5 posts - 21 through 25 (of 25 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.