Home Forum Ask A Member 1940 Handitwin Point Insulating Bushing 171186

Viewing 5 posts - 11 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    jeff-register
    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Very cool you found them! I broke the points screw that held them together they were 4/40 sized. Should of looked at grainger too for them. Found the screw on an old set of points.

Tubs,

Been thinking about your magnet charger. To have a reverse polarity switch your unit must have a bridge rectifier in the cabnet. Those early selinum rectifiers were not that good & would fail. They were used on Mercury alternators & always went bad. Maybe yours had failed & not providing D.C. power to your windings, worth a check. Many mail ordeer places for bridge doides.

T….in Wisconsin
      Participant

US Member

Yep, pack of 10 for $2.10.

How did you manage to break a 4-40 point screw…..or did you strip the threads.

T.. in Wisconsin

joecb
        Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Small screws , if you only need one or two can be had at your friendly neighborhood hobby shop..

Joe B

jeff-register
          Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Tim,

I recieved a used set of pints to replace the points nut & bolt. My original points came from a salt water motor & were rusted beyond repair. I was so lucky another member had an extra set for me. Never thought about a hobby shop to replace the hardware, Great idea!!

T….in Wisconsin
            Participant

US Member

Local Ace Hardware has the 4-40 screws.

Viewing 5 posts - 11 through 15 (of 15 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.