Home Forum Ask A Member 1940 Johnson AT10, 5 hp Coil and Condenser – where to find?

Viewing 3 posts - 11 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Steven Moore
    Participant

AT-10 coils are different than the horseshoe coils used in the HD, TD, or TN motors.

Coils-Less-Heels

HD-TN-Coils

Mumbles: Excellent! Thank you very much for the part number. That’s a huge start for me.

I’m still hunting for the condenser part number and/or the microfarrad value, so I may test what I have.

Mumbles
      Participant

The original P/N for your motors condenser is 72-1036 and it had a rating of .21 uF. Thanks goes out to Garry in Michigan who had compiled this list a few years ago.

Since the original condensers are NLA, certain Orange Drop or Vishay capacitors can be substituted for the originals. The axial Vishays can be mounted in the original can, or out in the open.

Here’s a link to Digi-Key who supplies the High Quality series of Vishay caps in different ratings:

https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/vishay-beyschlag-draloric-bc-components/MKP1839422084HQ/2260507?s=N4IgTCBcDaIEYGMwDYAMBOAtAOwCYgF0BfIA&vendor=0

Caps-Johnson

0.22-uF-Caps

DSC00074

outboardnut
        Participant

US Member

Please correct me if I am wrong-
          but John Collins from Indiana wrote the article on values of condensers.

Viewing 3 posts - 11 through 13 (of 13 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.