Home Forum Ask A Member 1948 Evinrude Sportsman 1.5 hp model 4425

Viewing 6 posts - 11 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    PugetSoundBoater
    Participant

Thanks to all of you for the literature and information . I like to get as much info on a specific motor before I get into it. Being my first antique motor and that the design and build are different in some areas than what I’m used to on my OMC 1970’s-1980’s , I’m all set now. New learning curve ahead Thanks, Jim in Shelton,Wa

"Some people want to know how a watch works, others just want to know what time it is"
      Robbie Robertson

pjmcardle
      Participant

I realize this posting is from a few years back, but I found it to be a great amount of information. Since my carb knob was busted, I figured I’d post a link to a site that I uploaded a 3d printable version to. If you have any questions about it, let me know.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4547373

Hopefully someone finds this handy in the future as it’s a pain to try and adjust the mixture screw and work the choke by hand. The knob does both at the same time.

IMG_20200719_225138297

IMG_20200719_225145255

IMG_20200719_225150284

IMG_20200719_225052983

• This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by Mumbles.
        PugetSoundBoater
        Participant

I have not been on the forums for quite some tim. I see that you responded to the 1.5 hp thread. Thanks for that link!
          PSB

"Some people want to know how a watch works, others just want to know what time it is"
          Robbie Robertson

Mumbles
          Participant

16:1 mix in these motors.

https://youtu.be/VSjBwb9esxM

JOHNK
            Participant

Finding these posts were almost as good as hitting the lottery. I’ve recently been cleaning up and getting the nerve to start my 4425. Someone gave this to my father, who gave it to me. Between the two of us, it has probably been sitting for 35 or more years. I used it about 20 some years ago on a square stern canoe, but that’s been it. The only part that is missing is the carb knob and linkage to choke on carb. Hopefully I can get to the 3d printable knob posted by pjmcardle. I would really like to see some detail of how it is supposed to link up to the carb, if anyone can provide.

Thanks
              John

EV4425

• This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by Mumbles.
              1 user thanked author for this post.
              seakaye12
              Participant

US Member

Yikes

Impeller-Evinrude

Viewing 6 posts - 11 through 16 (of 16 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.