Home Forum Ask A Member 1961 Scott McCullough 25 hp service manual

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    scubapop
    Participant

US Member

Anyone have or know of someone who has  25 hp Scott McCullough manuals for sale or know of a place to obtain them?

Buccaneer
      Participant

US Member

1959 to 63….. this has some basic information.

Prepare to be boarded!

1 user thanked author for this post.
        scubapop
        Participant

US Member

Buccaneer,  Tanks for the info!!  Your reply was a welcomed and much needed surprise.

jeff-register
          Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Great motors! Back when  I was go carting the  “Mac” motors were the best!! That & West Bend. The days when they were made here in Tucson, Arizona. Had a 6hp Mac on a mini bike, no one in my  hood could catch me until a friend put a Honda 160 on the cart. Flood of great memories!!! The Honda cart had no breaks, a shifter instead!

scubapop
            Participant

US Member

Ahhhh yes, the golden years of my boating youth. I  had my 1961 25 hp. installed on an old wooden boat that leaked like s sieve but that auto bailer save me from visiting  Davy Jones Locker  on numerous occasions.  I can’t count the number of times the the boat sank at the marina taking  my McCullough with it.  At low tide I would bail enough water to get the to the shore, take the motor off and take it to house, drain the water from the cylinders, carb, and fuel bowl, blow dry the ignition, put the motor barrel in a test , spray a little ether starting fluid in the carb, pull the starter cord a couple of times and it would roar back to life ready to go boating again.     Finally put it on 59′ Glasspar C3 and it would literally fly through the water, also stopped the motor from scuba diving on a regular basis  I’ve located another C3 and after restoration it’ll be powered by my McCullough.  I wonder if the thrill be the same 60 some odd years and 90 lbs. heaver (me not the boat and motor)?

jeff-register
              Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Sounds like some of the stuff we did only in the desert! The lakes were too far away, good thing too! I hope you find your parts needed. Try Seaway Marine on the web.They had my points & condensers for my 54 Firestone 7.5hp moons ago..

P.S. My Mercury KF5 had ring pins in a row too? Why not staggered? = easy machining!!

Good luck!!

frankr
                Participant

US Member

I have the 1960 factory service manual. It’s a big file. Any specific questions?

jeff-register
                  Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Way to go Frank!!!

scubapop
                    Participant

US Member

No specific questions at the present time.  On another note, do you know of a forum for Scott McCullough motors?

Buccaneer
                      Participant

US Member

No specific questions at the present time.  On another note, do you know of a forum for Scott McCullough motors?

I believe there’s one on Face Book

Prepare to be boarded!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.