Home Forum Ask A Member 1968 3 hp evinrude hot?

Viewing 4 posts - 11 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    billy-t
    Participant

Thanks for all the great things to check and consider.

Yes identical 1968 models.

I will check everything again,but did not think of the coil laminations rubbing to cause heat will check that, interesting.

Thanks again everyone

Billy T

billy-t
      Participant

Okay, thanks every one for the thoughts and suggestions.

I will recheck everything again, but am interested in the coil rubbing issue, the throttle does back off on its own a little not a lot but a little.

I have had the plate off that Frank talked about and checked the tube as mumbles and others have suggested. the Impeller and housing look good, so will go through it again and check the new suggestion as well, and recheck the flywheel nut torque as well.

Thanks everyone.

Billy T

fleetwin
        Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Just want to be sure I understand what you are concerned about…
          The flywheel gets hot on one of the engines, but both engine blocks seem to be running at the same temperature and not overheating….Do I have it right?
          Keep in mind that it is the middle of the summer also, everything is going to run "hot".

billy-t
          Participant

Thanks Again
            To your question fleetwin, I noticed it last year on the lake actually in May and it seemed the flywheel was warmish/hot to the touch. When I got home i set them up in a barrel and ran them both for minutes or so, one flywheel got hot the other didnt, both seemed to be pumping water. Will have to do some more detective work and nail down the issue.

Viewing 4 posts - 11 through 14 (of 14 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.