1978 Evinrude 2hp.

Home Forum Ask A Member 1978 Evinrude 2hp.

Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
    crosbyman

Canada Member - 1 Year
    Replies: 1668
    Topics: 199

reeds any good ?? maybe they don’t close pushing whatever fumes if any were sucked in ….right back out the carb face ??

gas will explode in a stack of coke cans or tube to launch tennis balls or potatoes how come this 2hp won’t ignite a teaspoon poured in the cyl. ????

p.s. not motor related I know…..but I have lost a few tennis balls with a shot of lighter fluid 🙂 🙂

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

frankr
    frankr

Replies: 5362
    Topics: 48

Not claiming to be a pyrotechnician, but gas doesn’t burn. Gas VAPOR burns when mixed with the proper ratio of fuel/air mixture. Too much gas is “flooded”. Or something like that. Something I learned in school but forgot.

But I haven’t forgotten when I emptied a 12 GA shotgun shell into a glass aspirin bottle and tossed it into a campfire. Don’t try that at home.

crosbyman

Canada Member - 1 Year
    Replies: 1668
    Topics: 199

My dad was a fireman his biggest nightmares were about me with my ” experiments” 🙂 🙂 🙂 he was always worried about coming over to our house with a fire truck and a dozen of his buddies to extinguish my “experiments” …

the jokes would have haunted him all is career …but I never did burn the house down and he ended up working himself up into the fire hall director’s job .

He always said a cup of gaz is worth 10 sticks 🙂 so I just fooled around with homemade black powder .

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

billw

US Member - 2 Years
    Replies: 1312
    Topics: 42

Ah, the infamous OMC 2 hp. There really couldn’t be a more simple outboard motor; and yet, it often holds so many mysteries….I remember the time one kicked my butt, with a porous carb casting….(I am NOT saying this is the OP’s problem. If his compression gauge is accurate, COMPRESSION is the problem.)

Long live American manufacturing!

Buccaneer
    Buccaneer

US Member - 1 Year
    Replies: 4157
    Topics: 989

Not claiming to be a pyrotechnician, but gas doesn’t burn. Gas VAPOR burns when mixed with the proper ratio of fuel/air mixture. Too much gas is “flooded”. Or something like that. Something I learned in school but forgot.

But I haven’t forgotten when I emptied a 12 GA shotgun shell into a glass aspirin bottle and tossed it into a campfire. Don’t try that at home.

“Gas doesn’t Burn”……. after thinking about Frank’s quote, I have noted that when
    it’s 30 below out and you use a little gas to get a fire started, the gas is a LOT
    less volatile than on a summer day!

Prepare to be boarded!

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.