Home Forum Ask A Member 4404 complete parts diagram

Viewing 6 posts - 11 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    garry-in-michigan
    Participant

Lifetime Member

There is only one page that would be relevant. The 1949 Zephyr was a radical departure from previous models. Besides the starter and muffler, everything below the powerhead was different. . . 🙄

garry-in-michigan
      Participant

Lifetime Member

There is only one other page that would be relevant. The 1949 Zephyr was a radical departure from previous models. Besides the starter and muffler, everything below the powerhead was different. . . 🙄

John Vaivoda
        Participant

US Member

Hello Gary. I am trying find your manual for rebuilding a Zephyr carburetor. I have the rebuild kit, and I have a model 4404-78215  Zephyr  5.4 hp The instructions with the kit are very vague. I saw that you have a copy of a manual for this rebuild? I am new to aomci and I have trouble navigating this website! I am not new to old outboards tho. I have about 15, that I have rebuilt and restored over the years. Anyway, can you direct me to this manual somehow? This is the most complex carburetor I have ever seen, and this zephyr is also my first 4 cylinder. It was seized when I got it, but I took care of that, and now have 7o psi in each cylinder, very good spark, and a good lower unit. And a Very clean tank, with, haha, a working petcock! I am a little nervous about going thru the carb without some better instructions and diagrams. I hope you can help me. thank you so much for your time and consideration!  John Vaivoda  jv38@juno.com

Buccaneer
          Participant

US Member

John, I’m sending you a Zephyr Carburetor Maintenance pdf via We Transfer,
            and the file is too big to post here.
            It should be in your email.
            The tricky part is removing the throttle spool, which is covered in this manual.
            Good Luck!

Prepare to be boarded!

Buccaneer
            Participant

US Member

P.S.- Garry Spencer has been “AWOL” for quite some time now.

Prepare to be boarded!

Marcus
              Participant

US Member

I’m looking for Zephyr 4404 and 4405 recoil parts, Need everything from the top of the flywheel to the top nut. If anyone can help me please Email marcusnrita@nwi.net or call or text Marcus @ 509 885-3422. Thanks  Marcus  Just trying to save another one from a slow death.

Westbrook

Viewing 6 posts - 11 through 16 (of 16 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.