Home Forum Ask A Member 5 hp seabee

Viewing 8 posts - 11 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    frankr
    Participant

US Member

There was a grommet tool, but it didn’t work worth a hoot. I just used the poke and prod method with a couple of screwdrivers.
      However I don’t think the tool was applicable to the 5D11 anyway. Looks like you have to pull the powerhead on that one. Hey, it’s only 4 bolts isn’t it?

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by frankr.
      Tinman
      Participant

US Member

i think its only 4 bolts. Going to look at it a little closer. if it looks ok may leave it. If i decide to change it i will rig something up so i dont have to pull the powerhead..

Tinman
        Participant

US Member

hi gary bryan here thanks for all the diagrams for the 5 hp sea bee..do you happen to have the gear case parts page? got the pic but no description of parts. and then on the manifold and bracket i got the description but no pic..all of the info has helped me a lot and just yesterday i started it for the first time !! ran good just needs to be put on a boat. and frankr thanks for the info on the washer and letting me know it didnt have a carbon seal assembly like other 5.5 hp. it was great when it fired up and ran on about the 4th pull. crazy fun these old motors are!

Tinman
          Participant

US Member

Sorry garry in Tampa. Spelled your name wrong. Didn’t have my glasses. Thanks again.

garry-in-michigan
            Participant

Lifetime Member

The Gale parts manual I have skipped that – poor editing ! – Crosbyman showed my seal sketch for the Evinrude Fleetwin, here is the page I took it from;

This is for the 5 horse Fisherman.

frankr
              Participant

US Member

Here are the 5D11 gearcase parts pages. Keep in mind there is a big difference between the 5D11 and the 5.5/7.5 powerheads and seals.

Pg-48-Gearcase

Pg-49-Gearcase-Nomenclature

frankr
                Participant

US Member

Here are the 5D11 Manifold and bracket pages.

Pg-46-Manifold-and-Bracket

Pg-47-Manifold-and-Bracket-Nomenclature

Tinman
                  Participant

US Member

Thanks everyone!! Appreciate all the help. Cool little motor.

Viewing 8 posts - 11 through 18 (of 18 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.