Home Forum Ask A Member ‘57 Evinrude Fastwin 18 electric start connector

Viewing 4 posts - 11 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Mumbles
    Participant

Maybe you can adapt a harness from a later model motor to your ’57? The boat side harness aren’t that easy to find but they are out there. This ’73 harness was given to me the other day along with the 25 horse motor it plugs in to. Gotta like that!

DSC00036

fisherman6
      Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Thanks!…..my model year is ‘57 but the cable they show is only 3 wire, my plug has 5 conductors….must be cable they show a# fi4 ‘58 on up?…..oh, ouch $275 for the cable!…..any more affordable options?

The 57 model harness is only a 3-wire harness because there was no kill circuit. the 58-up harness has 5 wires (2 more for kill circuit). If your motor has the 5-wire harness the harness at least is from a 58-up motor.

Either way those harnesses are quite expensive as you have found out. I would be inclined to build my own also if I didn’t own one. I have one harness and two motors to use it with.
        -Ben

OldJohnnyRude on YouTube

wbeaton
        Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

The wiring harness at nymarine is handmade and excellent quality. While it may seem expensive it is the only new harness available and it matches the original exactly. It won’t look like some hobbled up homemade affair.

Wayne
          Upper Canada Chapter

uccaomci.com

balbers
          Participant

Thanks everyone!….Motor is indeed a ‘58 with 5 wire connector …..not a ‘57……I’m gonna continue to hunt for an original connector…..if can’t locate, I’ll probably bight the bullet and buy the one offered by nymarine……
            As stated, it’s well made and right way to go instead of me hacking something together…..
            Bob

Viewing 4 posts - 11 through 14 (of 14 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.