Anybody recognize this outboard ?

Home Forum Ask A Member Anybody recognize this outboard ?

Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

• retiredoz

US Member - 1 Year
    Replies: 534
    Topics: 26

Jim, bite your tongue ! That word is SWEDISH ! A self-respecting Norsky would call that a pahengsmotor..

retiredoz

US Member - 1 Year

http://mo-ped.se/noreg/sportfiske.htm

List of Norwegian outboards built in the ’40s and ’50s. I can still translate if required…

kees

International Member - 2 Years
    Replies: 516
    Topics: 17
    quote retiredoz:

http://mo-ped.se/noreg/sportfiske.htm

List of Norwegian outboards built in the ’40s and ’50s. I can still translate if required…

Hi there again.
    I have to contradict this a bit ( that list )
    ….Crescent is 100% Swedish
    ….Apex is ( MHI ) a what I think a Coventry Apex and is from the UK
    lists are not always the truth.

auldscott

US Member - 2 Years
    Replies: 175
    Topics: 42

From the Swedish Outboard Motor site at http://www.lagerholm.com/SOM/aldell.html:

Algot Aldell in Karlskoga introduced his first motor A-2 in 1953. It was of a modern design air-cooled and made in three models 2,5 and 5 hp. Husqvarna bought in 1958 the rights to produce the Aldell motors under the Husqvarna name. In Norway the same Aldell engines were produced under the name “Taifun” by the well known factory “Sleipner” who made inboard engines for fishing boats. Sleipner Motor AS in Fredrikstad vas founded 1908 and still exists.

"Taifun" would probably be pronounced "Typhoon." The Norway connection seems to clinch it.

vtfireman85

Replies: 25
    Topics: 4

My family, on my mothers side is from Norway and has a cabin somewhere that requires crossing a lake to get to, the photos I’ve seen look very much like that one there. Norway was my first thought when I saw it before I read the last post. No help on the motor but I could try and send it to my cousin, he may have some idea.

kees

International Member - 2 Years
    Replies: 516
    Topics: 17
    quote retiredoz:

Jim, bite your tongue ! That word is SWEDISH ! A self-respecting Norsky would call that a pahengsmotor..

then you should know that this is the correct writing "PÅHENGSMOTOR"

I know, it is hard to find that second capital letter on the computer
    ( don’t shoot me, just funny to say 😉 )

vtfireman85

Replies: 25
    Topics: 4
    quote vtfireman85:

My family, on my mothers side is from Norway and has a cabin somewhere that requires crossing a lake to get to, the photos I’ve seen look very much like that one there. Norway was my first thought when I saw it before I read the last post. No help on the motor but I could try and send it to my cousin, he may have some idea.

i was on the mobile phone when i entered this and didnt see the second page of discussion, thats a really cool picture none the less, and thanks for all the good info. its interesting to me especially as i "identify" as norweigian.

retiredoz

US Member - 1 Year

Kees, I’m WELL aware of the correct spelling – I just don’t have a keyboard with the missing vowels. But I get by.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.