Home Forum Ask A Member bunch of bad chineese pumps

Viewing 5 posts - 11 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    bruceter
    Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

I have bought these pumps on Amazon and yes they do not work , prime the carb and motor runs for a minute then quits if I keep squeezing the primer the motor will keep running

crosbyman
      Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

well here is what I will try just for the sake of it. since they leak air from multiple sources I will inject water in the OUT nipple and try to visualize where how why they pass air backwards. Obviously a sealing issue

maybe I can fix them time permitting.

Could be just those metallic check valves not being seated deep enough . All other component & gaskets are squeezed and sealed by the 4 bolts when mounted. check valves must be the weak point

latest mail from the reseller today confirmed the manufacturer will not respect his warranty (past due) even as I explained that testing water pumps on frozen lakes in Canada was a problem … in March

one more reputation down the drain for 35$ worth ….. of bad pumps

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by crosbyman.
        Mumbles
        Participant

I still have a few of these pumps on the shelf so I think I’ll dissect one soon to try and figure out what the issue is with them. It could be something simple.

crosbyman
          Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

how is the blow test on yours ..? physically I found nothing wrong but air flows see PM out seemingly from everywhere incl. the mounting holes.

actual air flow IN to OUT is next to impossible using my mouth …could be just check valves again. all my stuff is at the cottage…not accessible for now

there are lots of sellers ..did u get the $6.99 version

check PM

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

David Bartlett
            Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Sorry, joe…you no like pump long time?

All that matters to them is that they are slowly, methodically, putting every factory in this country (and Canada) out of business. And we fall for it, every single time.

Bill,

That is funny! Those Chinesium pumps are JUNK!

David Bartlett
              Pine Tree Boating Club Chapter

"I don't fully understand everything I know!"

Viewing 5 posts - 11 through 15 (of 15 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.