Home Forum Ask A Member Early 50’s Lauson Sportking 3hp 4-stroke

Viewing 2 posts - 11 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Orange_Crush
    Participant

All good, I’ve since managed to find those torque specs (60-80in/lb for the head, 60-66 for the rods) and am good to go. Turns out this little thing just has a blown head gasket (that was installed badly and coated in RTV right across both sides) and pooched impeller, at least so far. It’s a simple, neat little engine but needless to say it doesn’t have the ‘oh…that’s cool‘-factor the older ones like the Lauson do on inspection/tinkering rounds. I’d love to add something like that Lauson or a 3hp Sea Horse to the stable when I can (knowing I have one reliable workhorse running in the meantime), if the fella’s poor luck finding a buyer continues I might look at picking it up later in the season after all.

lauson73
      Participant

E mail me lauson4056@gmail.com I am the Lauson rep and have all parts and owners manual on pdf and will send if needed. There are a number of things
        you should look for in the parts that are usually missing and needed, I would be glad to help if needed. I also have a number of parts motors if you need parts.
        Doug Grell
        Lauson 73

Viewing 2 posts - 11 through 12 (of 12 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.