Home Forum Ask A Member ELTO Ruddertwin Flywheel Restoration

Viewing 4 posts - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    slim60
    Participant

What I should have asked was who is minding the store for Doug Penn. I tried pennitgo but could not connect. Would that be Art DeKalb? I just want the coil, since Tubs was kind enough to send me the video download. Thanks to you both.

chris-p
      Participant

That is correct, Art is making them now for Doug. Unfortunately for all of us, Doug is retiring! If you don’t have his contact info PM me and I can send it to you.

chris-p
        Participant

Moving on to the fuel tank tonight. Don’t think that will be quite as easy.

george-emmanuel
          Participant

US Member

Chris, It’s been a number of years since I removed the flywheel knob. Going from memory, on the underside is a screw. That screw goes all the way through the knob to the top and is finished smooth to the top of the knob. You’ll have to somehow hold the knob to keep it from turning and back the screw out. Then you can remove the knob, spring and screw. That leaves an insert in the flywheel. You’ll have to machine/make a punch that goes into the insert from the top that has an outside edge that mates with the outside edge of the insert so you can drive the insert out from the top to the bottom. Once you get it out you should notice the insert had a slight flare on the underside edge. That is what kept it from going out the top when pressed in from the underside.

Hope this helps,

George

Viewing 4 posts - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.