Home Forum Ask A Member Evinrude 18 carb kit

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    1957evinrude
    Participant

US Member

There is a carb kit on Ebay that cost 10.00 but if you buy 4 or more its 8.20 . Did any of you try one of these carb kits ? The seller is DISCOUNT LAPTOP

Eric McNett
      Participant

I cant find that seller, but i have used the sierra 18-7043, i think the number is. had good results with them. i try to buy more than one if they offer a bulk discount cause i never know when ill have the cash to buy another one when i need it.

Eric McNett
        Seattle AOMCI Member

1957evinrude
        Participant

US Member
          Eric McNett
          Participant

Yep thats the kit, used that on just about all my OMCs that take that style and have had no issues.

Eric McNett
            Seattle AOMCI Member

aquasonic
            Participant

US Member

These PN 439071 Chinese made kits are all over Ebay right now. I bought one from EBay for $9.99 to compare to the BRP/OMC kits which are close to three times the price. These kits come in a small foil package. The main difference visibly is that the main gasket is red, and the float is hard plastic and hollow, instead of being made of foam like the OMC/BRP kit.

I have not tried the kit yet, but I have heard a couple of complaints from others. One complaint is the float seat threads are not machined to the proper tolerance. The other is that once the red main gasket is exposed to fuel, and the carb gets disassembled, they can swell up to the point that they are unusable.

So they have a few drawbacks that I know of, but they have a few good points as well. I am interested to see if anyone else has tried these kits, and their experience with them.

crosbyman
              Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

careful with shipping $$$…. I think they make the profit on shipping 🙂

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

Tinman
                Participant

US Member

I’d rather pay the extra money and get the oem kit from Johnson / evinrude. They work. Cheap is not better I’ve found out.

lindy46
                  Participant

US Member

I’d rather pay the extra money and get the oem kit from Johnson / evinrude. They work. Cheap is not better I’ve found out.

Amen! You get what you pay for.

Eric McNett
                    Participant

i will say with the red gasket kits, the bowl gasket gets easily distorted and can be a pain to realign if you have to take it back apart. but the sierra kits with the beige colored gaskets work awesome and arent that much more. but when i can i order the BRP kits.

Eric McNett
                      Seattle AOMCI Member

outboardnut
                      Participant

US Member

ditto You get what you pay for.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.