Evinrude Ducktwin value

Home Forum Ask A Member Evinrude Ducktwin value

Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
    torotl

Replies: 4
    Topics: 1

I have a running Ducktwin in good condition I want to sell, but have no idea of the value. Can someone give me a quesstimate of approximate sell price? Thanks! Tom

Ducktwin-front-view

Attachments:
    torotl

Ducktwin-side-view

Here is a side view of that Ducktwin I am looking for a value on.

Attachments:
    Buccaneer
    Buccaneer

US Member - 1 Year
    Replies: 4157
    Topics: 989

Graphics are nice yet, but the dents in the tank are a little detraction.
    Probably depends where you live. I know there’s people especially interested
    in these Ducktwins though. The little 3 hp seem to garner more money than some
    motors anyway. Somewhere between $80 to $200 is my “guess”.

Prepare to be boarded!

wbeaton

Canada Member - 2 Years
    Replies: 871
    Topics: 89

Nice example. It’s worth a little more than a regular 3 hp from that series. About the same as a folding 3 hp. They are popular. Certainly a motor I’d like to have, but they are never local.

Wayne
    Upper Canada Chapter

uccaomci.com

Buccaneer
    Buccaneer

US Member - 1 Year

The can out outboard gear lube came with the last outboard purchase.
    Any idea what vintage it may be? Neat little spout attached to the cap.

DSCN9549

Prepare to be boarded!

Attachments:
    mercuryman
    mercuryman

US Member - 1 Year
    Replies: 430
    Topics: 161

There is a big interest in Duck Twins I have seen them sell $400 to $500 eBay I mean sell not just the asking price.

dave-bernard

US Member - 2 Years
    Replies: 1211
    Topics: 16

where do you get the paint and what color ?

crosbyman

Canada Member - 1 Year
    Replies: 1668
    Topics: 199

I guess brown makes it more appealing ….I never paid over $60 for a JW all were refurbished & run good … one white/beige I sold for $150 the rest 3-4 were $125 with new coils points impeller and a carb clean.. one or two got new plug wires…..no profit really just recouped my investment and had fun in the winter months

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

Tubs
    Tubs

US Member - 1 Year
    Replies: 3233
    Topics: 175
    lloyd

US Member - 2 Years
    Replies: 224

As usual many AOMC club member estimates will be well below market value. I mechanically restored and sold locally about 50 or so of the OMC 3 hp weedless fisherman for 300-350 bucks. They largely financed my hobby. I still have about 6-8 that I considered too nice to sell to local fishermen. They are still very desirable for trolling and fishing or as backup motors. Ducktwins are much rarer than other models.
    Your Ducktwin has a nice duck on the tank but the tank has numerous dents. If it has good compression, and been serviced properly with new coils and water pump impeller and runs as it should you should be able to sell it easily for about 300-350 bucks. More if the tank weren’t dented so much. Good luck!

wbeaton

Canada Member - 2 Years
    Replies: 871
    Topics: 89

The eBay price is about what I’d expect for a motor that nice. The appeal of the Ducktwin is that it’s interesting and uncommon in comparison to the regular 3 hp versions.

Buccaneerr, look around the edges of the oil can label for a litho date. If one exists it will look like 6-51 (or similar), which means June 1951.

Wayne
    Upper Canada Chapter

uccaomci.com

fifty20ne
    fifty20ne

US Member - 1 Year
    Replies: 399
    Topics: 707

One listed below on FM has not sold yet? price is high but remember condition is everything!
    And factor in the cost in time and money for parts and repairs to get it running condition!

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/3373099796130362

120943792_10214895362376191_4133035412440605197_o

Attachments:
    JOHN HOLBIK

Canada Member - 2 Years
    Replies: 48
    Topics: 2

I was just a little guy but I remember those Mobil cans very well.We were using them at our resort in the late fifties.

Buccaneer
    Buccaneer

US Member - 1 Year

I was just a little guy but I remember those Mobil cans very well.We were using them at our resort in the late fifties.

Not sure how I posted my oil can query on this thread, lol, but thanks for the replies.

Prepare to be boarded!

torotl

Great feedback on the Ducktwin value question I posted yesterday,,,,,Thanks! Another question – how do I determine the manufacture year on this outboard?? (I’m new at the this vintage outboard thing). Tom / Portland, OR.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.