Home Forum Ask A Member Evinrude Ducktwin value

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    torotl
    Participant

I have a running Ducktwin in good condition I want to sell, but have no idea of the value. Can someone give me a quesstimate of approximate sell price? Thanks! Tom

Ducktwin-front-view

torotl
      Participant

Ducktwin-side-view

Here is a side view of that Ducktwin I am looking for a value on.

Buccaneer
        Participant

US Member

Graphics are nice yet, but the dents in the tank are a little detraction.
          Probably depends where you live. I know there’s people especially interested
          in these Ducktwins though. The little 3 hp seem to garner more money than some
          motors anyway. Somewhere between $80 to $200 is my “guess”.

Prepare to be boarded!

wbeaton
          Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

Nice example. It’s worth a little more than a regular 3 hp from that series. About the same as a folding 3 hp. They are popular. Certainly a motor I’d like to have, but they are never local.

Wayne
            Upper Canada Chapter

uccaomci.com

Buccaneer
            Participant

US Member

The can out outboard gear lube came with the last outboard purchase.
              Any idea what vintage it may be? Neat little spout attached to the cap.

DSCN9549

Prepare to be boarded!

mercuryman
              Participant

There is a big interest in Duck Twins I have seen them sell $400 to $500 eBay I mean sell not just the asking price.

dave-bernard
                Participant

US Member

where do you get the paint and what color ?

crosbyman
                  Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

I guess brown makes it more appealing ….I never paid over $60 for a JW all were refurbished & run good … one white/beige I sold for $150 the rest 3-4 were $125 with new coils points impeller and a carb clean.. one or two got new plug wires…..no profit really just recouped my investment and had fun in the winter months

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

The Boat House
                    Participant

lloyd
                      Participant

US Member

As usual many AOMC club member estimates will be well below market value. I mechanically restored and sold locally about 50 or so of the OMC 3 hp weedless fisherman for 300-350 bucks. They largely financed my hobby. I still have about 6-8 that I considered too nice to sell to local fishermen. They are still very desirable for trolling and fishing or as backup motors. Ducktwins are much rarer than other models.
                        Your Ducktwin has a nice duck on the tank but the tank has numerous dents. If it has good compression, and been serviced properly with new coils and water pump impeller and runs as it should you should be able to sell it easily for about 300-350 bucks. More if the tank weren’t dented so much. Good luck!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 29 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.