Home Forum Ask A Member Evinrude Ducktwin value

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    wbeaton
    Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

The eBay price is about what I’d expect for a motor that nice. The appeal of the Ducktwin is that it’s interesting and uncommon in comparison to the regular 3 hp versions.

Buccaneerr, look around the edges of the oil can label for a litho date. If one exists it will look like 6-51 (or similar), which means June 1951.

Wayne
      Upper Canada Chapter

uccaomci.com

fifty20ne
      Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

One listed below on FM has not sold yet? price is high but remember condition is everything!
        And factor in the cost in time and money for parts and repairs to get it running condition!

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/3373099796130362

120943792_10214895362376191_4133035412440605197_o

JOHN HOLBIK
        Participant

I was just a little guy but I remember those Mobil cans very well.We were using them at our resort in the late fifties.

Buccaneer
          Participant

I was just a little guy but I remember those Mobil cans very well.We were using them at our resort in the late fifties.

Not sure how I posted my oil can query on this thread, lol, but thanks for the replies.

Prepare to be boarded!

torotl
            Participant

Great feedback on the Ducktwin value question I posted yesterday,,,,,Thanks! Another question – how do I determine the manufacture year on this outboard?? (I’m new at the this vintage outboard thing). Tom / Portland, OR.

opposedtwin
              Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Post the model/serial number here and we can tell you. Mine looks just like yours and is a 1966. I believe the color/decals were the same on ducktwins for over 10 years. Mine is my newest motor. Almost ashamed to say it’s in my “old outboard collection”. 🤣
                Scott

• This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by opposedtwin.
                2fast4me
                Participant

Use the model number and a little detective work you will find it. I Had a Ducktwin that i sold to a Ducktwin collector in western Iowa for $150, it ran good after I cleaned the points and added a waterpump. Bought it for $75. I have Later model now, also cost me $75, it’s one with the single transom clamp and the mallard graphics don’t have color. There is a difference in the graphics also some have color with wings up and color with one wing down and wings up with no color. I saw one recently for $275 and it was show room new. Didn’t buy it.

2Fast4Me

torotl
                  Participant

Regarding figuring out the year of manufacture on the Ducktwin,,,,,,I didn’t see a model # but here is the serial # 3016 – 02115. Can anyone tell the model year from this SN? Thanks!

bobw
                    Participant

3016 would be a 1955 model. 3016 is the model number, followed by the motor serial number.

Bob

1937 Champion D2C Deluxe Lite Twin
                      1954 Johnson CD-11
                      1957 Evinrude Fastwin 18
                      1958 Johnson QD-19
                      1958 Johnson FD-12
                      1959 Johnson QD-20

“Every 20 minute job is only a broken bolt away from a 3-day project.”
                      "Every time you remove a broken or seized bolt an angel gets his wings."

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by bobw.
                      torotl
                      Participant

Thanks!

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 29 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.