Home Forum Ask A Member Evinrude Fuel pump

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    mercuryman
    Participant

I found a neat way to add a fuel to the two line 5.5 engine I got the pump on Ebay under small engine parts. It fit Honda artic cat & go kart . Only cost $7.60 free ship.

pump

• This topic was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by Mumbles.
      crosbyman
      Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

looks like Mikuni pump backwards…:-)

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

mercuryman
        Participant

Its a knock off, but it works

billw
          Participant

US Member - 2 Years

It looks like a great pump. My only thought is, I dunno if I would be attaching a fuel pump directly to a cylinder head. What happens if you lose an impeller? Call me Mr. Negative, but…..

Long live American manufacturing!

mercuryman
            Participant

The motor will get very hot.! Gasoline has a flash point of -45°F and an auto-ignition temperature of 536°F.Dec 11, 2014

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by mercuryman.
              Mumbles
              Participant

The motor would be a lump of molten metal long before the pump got that hot.

billw
                Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Okayyyyyyy……….

rudderless
                  Participant

I have used those pumps for many years on all types of equipment. They do not have springs on the valves..they are kinda like gasket reeds. They pump real well at low signals cause there are no valve springs to overcome. 17 L/hr is the flow rating. Use one on my merc 4 and on my 9.9/15 omc at the moment..

billw
                    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

The motor will get very hot.! Gasoline has a flash point of -45°F and an auto-ignition temperature of 536°F.Dec 11, 2014

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by mercuryman.

The motor would be a lump of molten metal long before the pump got that hot.

All these years, and I thought gasoline was potentially dangerous. And now I find out that it’s not. Good to know.

crosbyman
                      Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

well not exactly…. As a kid I remember my father ..a fireman and fire technician saying…… a cup of gas in a vaporized state has the explosive potential of a few sticks of dynamite

( 2 or 10 I don’t remember exactly but I got the message…don’t fool around with gas )

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 17 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.