Home Forum Ask A Member Evinrude lawn boy oil can?? trash or treasure?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    todd281
    Participant

I was at a local marine repair shop that was closing its doors, and the person in charge let me go through some of the items there. I ended up with this oil can and was wondering if anyone has ever seen or could tell me about it . It has printed on it the following ;
      Evinrude Lawn-Boy Reel Clutch Housing Oil [gargoyle velocity oil “E”] the clutch which engages and disengages the wheels is located the housing at the end of the reel. This hold tow or three teaspoons-fuls of oil. Evinrude Motors Milwaukee Wisconson USA .
      The back of the label has some more instructions and says the oil is made by Socony vacuum oil co, inc. Any history ? age?

oil-can

• This topic was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by Mumbles.
      kirkp
      Participant

Maybe not a treasure but definitely not trash. Kinda cool thing to add to the collection. Exactly the type of thing my wife would look at, shake her head and ask why I’m keeping such crap.
        Kirk

frankr
        Participant

US Member

Way before my time, but there does seem to be some sort of clutch housing at the ends of the reel. Photo source unknown.

Evinrude-Lawn-Mower

jeff-register
          Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Frank,
            Great photo!!! Had a “reel” type mower when I was a kid…. had a planitery housing off the briggs & stratton cast iron block mtr. Maybe 1.5 generations later. I used “U” bolts to the axle & used A.C. drive belts to power it. Standard station would save me the old belts.
            Brings back memories ;>) !!

todd281
            Participant

Somehow I was picturing something with a prop..

rmhxruss
              Participant

It does spin.

todd281
                Participant

I think I am starting to see it now..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.