Home Forum Ask A Member Feathercraft

Viewing 8 posts - 11 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Steve D
    Participant

Hey Bullie, I bought a Feathercraft earlier this year and had a hard time identifying it because a previous owner modified it. A knowledgeable Feathercraft guy told me to look just to the right of the transom board for some stamped numbers. I don’t know if all years and models had this but this one did. It identified it as a ’56 Ranger II even though it didn’t look anything like pictures of a Ranger II because of the alterations. (Edit- or it may have been the Vagabond II, I can’t remember for sure, I don’t have the boat anymore to check the numbers).

If yours has these numbers it could help pin it down. If not there’s https://www.feathercraft.net/index.php/ … 57-catalog that might help.

Attachments:

bullie
      Participant

Well, I am at least gonna see it. The boat is about 1.5hrs from me but the owner is driving to Memphis today which brings him to within a couple miles of my house. He is gonna bring the boat with him. Never had this happen before.

vintin
        Participant

Jump!

bullie
          Participant

I am the new owner. It is gonna need wood on the transom but that is the only major issue I see. It is a bit less than 13 feet. It is pouring rain so I just did a quick measure. I think its 12′ 10". So, probably like you guys said, a Topper.

kevinrude
            Participant
              quote Bullie:

I am the new owner. It is gonna need wood on the transom but that is the only major issue I see. It is a bit less than 13 feet. It is pouring rain so I just did a quick measure. I think its 12′ 10″. So, probably like you guys said, a Topper.

😎 😎 😎 😎 😎 😎 ❗ ❗ ❗ ❗ ❗ 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀

fisherman6
              Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Cool!! Congrats Mark! Looks like a really nice and solid little boat. I would have bought it too for that price. I’ll be looking forward to some new videos with the boat.
                -Ben

OldJohnnyRude on YouTube

bullie
                Participant
                  quote Steve D:

Hey Bullie, I bought a Feathercraft earlier this year and had a hard time identifying it because a previous owner modified it. A knowledgeable Feathercraft guy told me to look just to the right of the transom board for some stamped numbers. I don’t know if all years and models had this but this one did. It identified it as a ’56 Ranger II even though it didn’t look anything like pictures of a Ranger II because of the alterations. (Edit- or it may have been the Vagabond II, I can’t remember for sure, I don’t have the boat anymore to check the numbers).

If yours has these numbers it could help pin it down. If not there’s https://www.feathercraft.net/index.php/ … 57-catalog that might help.

Thanks Steve D. That’s exactly where the numbers were. Very small though. I had to break out the magnifying glass to figure them all out. It appears that my boat is a 1954 Topper.

Steve D
                  Participant

Cool Bullie, I think I did the pencil rub on a piece of paper over the numbers to help identify mine. Glad you were able to confirm it. That looks like it’ll be a nice little boat to test your motors. I always liked Feathercrafts.

Viewing 8 posts - 11 through 18 (of 18 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.