Home Forum Ask A Member Fed EX

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    gjonz
    Participant

I always shipped via Fed Ex. But I take it to THEIR Pack n Ship location and charge the buyer for the packing…which is usually cheaper than I could pack it anyway. (Yup…even motors!)

Guess what? If it gets broken…its on Fed Ex PERIOD,

Oddly…never had an issue.

I know a guy who restores vintage professional instruments. He put me on to the Fed Ex vs UPS deal. He also ship very large instruments like a Tuba (Which can get very expensive!) via Greyhound or Amtrak. He boxes it up well…takes it to the depot and explains to the agent what it is. They in turn tell the driver/conductor…who seemingly takes extra care with the instrument. It’s also fairly inexpensive or at least competitive with the Brown suited boobs!

Glad ur getting the power head Jeff!

Greg

ggoldy
      Participant

Happy to hear that, Jeff

jeff-register
        Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Thank you Frank,
          That kind of story just can’t be made up! Was it the shippers fault for putting a heavy box on top of the flowers or should the flowers be shipped in a vault? The powerhead box was still complete with the engine inside. I don’t think it’s the customers fault but how light was the flowers packed for the trip? I just thank God the other guy called me as my phone number was on the box. He found my package Fed Ex did not.
          I will post when I recieve it & see how it made it.
          Yes a 1951 10hp Firestone is hard to find & as most know my first is a 1954 7.5 Firestone 30 something years ago, still have it too & it runs well.
          I want to thank everyone for their support too. It has helped more than you know!! 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.