Home Forum Ask A Member Johnson outboard Model OK-10 ?

Viewing 6 posts - 11 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    kevinrude
    Participant

OK-10 serial numbers, per the above chart, were 46463 – 46481 so Olivier’s 46479 was the 3rd-to-last one made out of a total run of 18!

olivier81321
      Participant

Wow that’s great info, thank you guys! I had no idea is was such an uncommon model…

oldelto
        Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

1940 OK-10 total 195 made and OKL-10 total 22 made.

kevinrude
          Participant
            quote oldelto:

1940 OK-10 total 195 made and OKL-10 total 22 made.

Oh yeah, I see it now — there were a bunch more OK-10s earlier on in that list. Still, it is the 3rd last one!

Mumbles
            Participant

Third to last one in that particular run. There’s more of them.

Looking at these snips you can see they would make one or more models of a motor before switching to another model. Canada was at war then so they could have been filling orders as they came in or had problems obtaining parts for them on time. Looking at the numbers, they would build a few of XX model before coffee break and then switch over too XX model until lunch and then finish the day building XX models. No boring repetition for the workers in that factory!

Attachments:

HayFever
              Participant

Hello Mumbles—Just joined as temp guest — have been net surfing to find most I can about my inherited LT37– Grandad and I used it in the early 70s– found in the boathouse this summer ..
                All apart — JUST freed up the one seized cylinder after weeks — final try — built a spring tensioned puller on backside to connecting rod pin — and boiled , submerged in fiATF filled trash can– inside a ductwork ‘kiln’ i built — tiger torch, anyway OUT — no scoring– just residual varnish… ( i am retired engineer– all auto)

I love the files on serials you have posted — The LT37 (aka “The Bee”) was built in “Peterboro” and has a serial “33072” — wondering how many made, can the serial tell date of build, etc

Thanks — PS We have boated, cottaged — on family island “Strathaven” — started post WW1–

Viewing 6 posts - 11 through 16 (of 16 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.