Home Forum Ask A Member Johnson seahorse

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    clemg
    Participant

US Member

Anybody know what year or history a model
      # 41e-350. That’s all I can fin on this motor.

garry-in-michigan
      Participant

Lifetime Member

I don’t see any model numbers like that – It may be a casting number. The model numbers of the old Sea Horse outboards were usually stamped on the flywheel rope sheave. Later models with auto-rewind starters were usually stamped on the block.

Indian Group Leader
        Participant

US Member - 2 Years

If you post a photo of the motor, you will probably get more advice than you asked for.

Tom

Anonymous

1941 Detroiter, probably the first one ever found.

Seriously, post a photo if possible. What the Indian Group Leader said.

Best,
            T2

clemg
            Participant

US Member
              lotec
              Participant

You have a "creatively restored" TS-15 or TS-20 5hp – the TS stands for "Twin Standard". They were offered in 1941, 42 and several post war ones have turned up. If it’s not stamped on the rope plate, the model and serial # can probably be found on the boss on the port-side of the block just above where the leg and powerhead mate. Don’t see that many TS models, its fancier brother the TD (Twin Deluxe) is one of the most common of old outboards – the two are the same in every way save the recoil.

clemg
                Participant

US Member

Is this motor supposed to be silver and red?

Attachments:

kevinrude
                  Participant
                    quote Clemg:

Is this motor supposed to be silver and red?

Nope. As Lotec stated, it has been "creatively restored". It should be all green, with white and red (mostly white) decals.

lotec
                    Participant

And the pre-war ones were all "dull aluminum" – the decals were the only color.

Looks like you found your model/serial #! I don’t have my Johnson serial # breakdown handy, I think the "TS-20" may have been offered both pre and post war. (The serial # will nail it down.) Also be interested to know if there is a # stamped on the block above where the leg and powerhead mount. I’ve seen a couple of TSs made out of regular TDs.

clemg
                      Participant

US Member

Sea horse green? Is there some other info I can find or read up on this specific motor?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 26 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.